Just a quick guide on installing a WordPress theme!
A few people have been asking for a few quick guides on using WordPress.
We’ve decided to start with the absolute basics and work our way up – first of all, installing a WordPress theme. We will not be doing a tutorial on installing WordPress itself, as the method will differ based on your web hosts setup.
The theme in question that were are installing is “Divi”, made by Elegant Themes, but this procedure will work for any.
Steps, in order.
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- In the Dashboard menu of WordPress, hover your mouse over the “Appearance” section and click on Themes.
- At the top of the page, click the blue button labelled “Add New”.
- At the top of the page, click the blue button labelled “Upload Theme”.
- Click the browse button and navigate to the .ZIP file containing the theme and click “Install Now”.
- You can then chose “Live Preview” or “Activate” or “Return to Theme Options”
Your theme is now installed!